Monday, November 05, 2012

Blessed Boo Boos

The other day, my youngest son was pushed by his big sister. It resulted in a scratch and bump on his face, and a great deal of tears. It was also, for me, a reason to celebrate.

"Why?" you may be asking, and rightly so. Let me explain.

My son has spent most of his mobile months with bumps, bruises, and scratches on the right side of his face because of his low muscle tone, vestibular/balance issues and right-sided weakness. He falls often and his right side usually takes the brunt of the fall. We have done what we can to help him, tried to protect him (sometimes too much), and created the safest environment possible, but because of his challenges, boo boos happen. Consequently, when he fell for a "normal" reason, I was very excited!!

It is easy, as I recently posted, to take simple blessings for granted, or to miss precious gifts because they aren't what you expect. This is a perfect example. Now don't get me wrong; I'm not glad my son was pushed by his (not much bigger) big sister. I do not condone that kind of behavior, at all. But, this is a normal reason for a boy to have a boo boo, and that is a blessing.

No comments: