Well, today really is a Calgon day!!
- Our water is off, for the second day, as a crew of guys works to connect us with the city sewer system.
- Three of my eight children were running fevers of 102+ through the night.
- We awoke to the sound of jackhammers.
- A kid dumped water down the sink (after the pipes had been cut) and flooded our basement.
- One of my girls broke her finger.
- My seven week old son had an upper GI at a hospital 25 minutes away and he screams in his car seat.
- When I got in the car to buckle him in, I discovered the car seat wasn't buckled in to the car, then I discovered that my two year old's car seat wasn't buckled into the car!
- When we got to the hospital, about 10 minutes after we were supposed to check in, parking was a zoo, and my son was screaming in his car seat. I called to say we were going to be late and found out that we were on the wrong side of the hospital complex.
- By the time we actually got in to where we were supposed to be, we were 20 minutes late for the x-ray!
When I got home, I discovered that we still don't have water, but I'd forgotten to store water, so we don't have any water for things like washing hands, or rinsing dishes, or refilling humidifiers to help sick kids breath easier. This really is a Calgon day!!
I wonder if I volunteered to make a commercial if the people at Calgon would whisk me away to a deserted bathroom lit by candles with a tub filled with warm water and bubbles. Probably not, but just imaging the setting has me feeling better already.